A FRESH START
It’s a new year! The time when many start making resolutions such as exercise more, drink less or be a better person. One we typically hear is “I’m going to eat healthier.” Often this resolution fades away after the first month or so, when the chaos of life gets in the way. Luckily, the South Coast is packed with healthy eateries to make sticking to your new year diet easy AND tasty. Take a look at our favorite options below!
- Sweet Rose Cafe – Located on Highland Ave in Fall River, Sweet Rose Cafe is all about healthy, quality ingredients. Their plant focused menu offers vegan, vegetarian, and even gluten-free options. Their mission is to provide options for plant focused diets by offering delicious vegetarian food that even meat-eaters will enjoy! With breakfast wraps, sandwiches, grilled paninis, quinoa bowls, smoothies, and treats, you are sure to find something you’ll love.
- Green Bean – The Green Bean of New Bedford is a vegetarian/vegan restaurant and sandwich shop, offering a wide selection of meals to meet your needs. Located on Purchase Street, The Green Bean provides fresh juices, smoothies, and breakfast items to get your day started on the right foot. Their lunch options are also delectable, including their veggie burger and chickpea salad. The Green Bean is open seven days a week to help keep you on track this new year!
- Main Ingredient – This family run restaurant is located on North Main Street in Middleboro. With simple, fresh ingredients, there are nutrients in every bite. With an array of sandwich, salad and wrap options, you’ll have trouble choosing just one!
- Duke’s Bakery – Duke’s offers 100% gluten-free options for those that are sensitive or simply looking to better their diet. They also have dairy free treats for those with dairy allergies. Their food is made fresh for you to enjoy! Stop by their Fall River location today.
SMOOTHIES, JUICES & MORE
- People’s Pressed – With locations in both Dartmouth and New Bedford, People’s Pressed makes it easy and convenient to stay on track. Every bottle of cold-pressed juice contains over two pounds of thoughtfully sourced fruits and vegetables and is filled with essential vitamins, minerals and other vital nutrients. Their mission is to provide nutritionally beneficial juice to the community by making fresh cold-pressed juice accessible to everyone! Check them out and sign up today for 10% off your next visit.
- Juice’d Cafe – Eat Good, Feel Good, is the motto Juice’d Cafe runs on. Owned by Stacey & Luis Gonsalves, Juice’d Cafe provides a convenient source of healthy and wholesome food at an affordable price to the community. Their Super Detox Smoothie, Mighty Maca, and King Kale are some of our favorites. Along with fresh pressed juices and smoothies, Juice’d also offers salads, wraps, and more to fill your appetite. Check them out in Fall River and New Bedford.
HEALTHY MEAL PREPS
Since eating out for every meal isn’t exactly reasonable (unfortunately) there are many places around the South Coast that offer healthy meal options, planned and prepped for you!
- PlanIt Eats – Since 2002, PlanIt Eats has been providing people around the South Coast with healthy meal options. With meals prepped and delivery options available, PlanIt Eats makes it quick, easy and convenient to eat healthy all the time. They use only the freshest ingredients and only those that have proven health benefits to the human body.
- Healthy Bites Meal Prep – Healthy Bites is located in New Bedford, MA and run by Crystal Lister and her husband Jeffrey Lister. Their goal is to prep healthy, nutritious meals to help you stick to your plan, even on your busiest days. Check out their menu!
We hope you enjoy these South Coast spots as much as we do! Whether you’re sticking to a diet, or just looking for some good food, the South Coast is the place to eat!